Microsoft word - iwwf tue application procedure 201
Therapeutic Use Exemption (TUE) Procedure THIS PROCEDURE APPLIES TO ALL IWWF WORLD CALENDAR EVENTS Procedure for athletes who need to take a prohibited substance for medical reasons June 2010 version Please note:
• The TUE request forms must be completed electronically if possible, or in BLOCK CAPITALS.
• The TUE must be completed in English. If the medical information attached is in another
language, please enclose translation in English.
• Any TUE request that is incomplete or illegible will not be dealt with and will be
returned to the athlete, who will need to submit it again. This will, of course, delay the granting of the TUE and, therefore, the start of treatment.
• In accordance with the WADA International Standard for TUEs, the IWWF TUE
Committee's decision will be completed within 30 days of receipt of all relevant documentation.
• The athlete can only submit one TUE request to one authorizing body at a time. He/she
is not allowed to submit the same TUE request to several authorizing bodies.
• If the national anti-doping organization has already granted the athlete a TUE, he/she
must send IWWF the certificate, a copy of the original application form and the complete medical file in order for the IWWF TUE Committee to check that it fulfils the IWWF requirements. If this is the case, IWWF will recognize the TUE. IWWF may ask for further documentation.
• This procedure should not in any case hinder or delay implementation of necessary or
• Applications for a TUE for the use of beta-2 agonists other than salbutamol and salmeterol must be accompanied by a full medical file, as stipulated in IWWF's asthma minimum requirements.
• The non-systemic use of glucocorticosteroids, as well as the inhalation of salbutamol and
• In order to avoid exceeding the urinary limit for salbutamol and salmeterol, it is of utmost
importance that physicians carefully instruct all athlete taking these substances how to use them correctly. Athlete should be reminded to follow the prescription exactly for the administration route, dosage and frequency of use and explicitly warned of the possibility of an adverse analytical finding.
• IWWF advises that athlete (through their physicians) submit a declaration of use to the
Compliance with sports rules
If I need to take a medicine that is listed on the Prohibited List, I must follow the procedure explained below as soon as possible:
Corticosteroids for nonsystemic (except salbutamol, and salmeterol) for treating asthma. Salbutamol and salmeterol by inhalation Any other substance on the No TUE required TUE PROCESS Where can I get the form?
The form can be downloaded from the IWWF website http://www.iwsf.com
How do I fill in the form? BLOCK CAPITALS correctly and legibly with your doctor,
who should fill in the appropriate boxes. Submit ALL documents required.
Where do I have to submit the form?
Keep a copy of the TUE form and the fax confirmation sheet.
When am I allowed to take the prohibited substance?
Upon receipt of authorisation from IWWF. You can then use the substance in
question during sport. This authorisation notice will specify the details of medical use, which will have to be duly respected.
PARLIAMENTARY AND CIVIC FORMS OF POLITICS Seventh Annual Jyväskylä Symposium on Political Thought and Conceptual History University of Jyväskylä, 8-9 June 2012, Building Agora, Lecture room Delta Organised by Finnish Centre in Political Thought and Conceptual Change ; Academy of Finland research project The Politics of Dissensus. Parliamentarism, Rhetoric and Conceptual History ; Eu
Documento descargado de http://www.reumatologiaclinica.org el 29/09/2011. Copia para uso personal, se prohíbe la transmisión de este documento por cualquier medio o formato. Utilización de un programa con láser en pacientes diagnosticados de ﬁbromialgiaRubén Fernández García , José Damián Suárez Holgado , Israel Formieles Ortiz ,Félix Zurita Ortega , Matías Valverde Cepeda y Ma