BISHOP EMERITUS DR. GEORGE W. K. TIBEESIGWA CURRICULUM VITAE
A. PERSONAL PARTICULARS FAMILY NAME TIBEESIGWA GIVEN NAMES GEORGE WILLIAM K. DATE OF BIRTH 17th July 1945 GOOD AND FIT CITIZENSHIP /NATIONALITY MARITAL STATUS WIFE'S NAMES EFRANCE K.MIREMBE TIBEESIGWA NUMBER OF CHILDREN RELIGIOUS AFFILIATIO N CHRISTIAN DENOMINATION CHURCH OF UGANDA (ANGLICAN) PROFFESSION EDUCATIONIS, PRIEST -BISHOP & ADMINISTRATOR PRESENT DESIGNATION RETIRED DIOCESAN BISHOP, SENIOR PRESIDENTIAL ADVISOR (SW UGANDA), CONSULTANT ON PLANNINGN & DEVELOPMENT CURRENT MAILING ADDRESS RUGANDO TRADING CENTRE P. O. BOX 193, MBARARA, UGANDA. FAMILY RESIDENCE ADDRESS TELEPHONE +256 (0) 753 435 077 /+256 (0) 701 435 077 +256 (0) 772 435 077 < firstname.lastname@example.org > CURRICULUM VITAE DATED NOVEMBER 2012
B. PERSONAL PROFILE: INTRODUCTORY SUMMARY Since my Primary School Education to date, I have been appointed, elected and entrusted with several top leadership positions and responsibilities both in Schools, our National Church, Institutions of higher learning both at national, international and local community levels. I have been an achiever at all points in my service to God and the general public. I have enjoyed serving humanity in those several capacities. I have had an excellent and fulfilling service / ministry. I have served the Ugandan public and other international communities for the last 42 years faithfully, effectively with a clean track record mainly as:
‐ An aptitude or excellent Teacher (Infant Specialist) with and under Head teachers - Mr. John W. Karazaarwe, (former LC 5 Chairman, Ntungamo District; Mr. Serwano Kabogorwa (currently, RDC Kiruhuura District); Principals Nicholls and Rev. Canon Y. Bamunoba now retired Bishop Emeritus.
‐ A Priest with and under many superiors and Chief Shepherds
‐ Hospital and Students' Chaplain in Uganda and International Universities
‐ An efficient Administrator and Manager (Diocesan Secretary, Provincial Secretary Church of Uganda under and with Archbishop The Most. Rt. Rev. Dr. Livingstone Mpalanyi Nkoyoyo), University Chaplain and Counselor, Development Officer, Chairman of various Boards of Governors of schools and Organs of the Church and Civil Society, Pioneer of various Community welfare projects, Member of National Organizations, Principal of Colleges and University (Kabwohe Divinity College, Uganda Christian University- Bishop Barham University College, Kabale with and under Rev. Canon E. Maari (now Retired Bishop) and Vice Chancellor Professor Canon Dr. Stephen Noll).
‐ 4th Diocesan Bishop of Ankole Diocese.
‐ Chairman, Board of Governors - Mbarara High School.
‐ Chairman, Board of Governors - Hornby High School
‐ Chancellor Bishop Stuart University. ‐ Trustee Church of Uganda; Ankole Diocese; Bishop Stuart University; Uganda Christian University; AICM College, Kabale
‐ Member of Provincial Assembly Church of Uganda ‐ Member of Provincial Assembly Standing Committee, Church of Uganda.
‐ Member House of Bishops Church of Uganda Representing Retired Bishops
‐ Member Provincial Board of Education, Church of Uganda
‐ Chairman and Member of Several Boards, Associations and Committees
‐ Patron: Bishop Stuart University Alumni, Kinoni Integrated Primary School & Rwemiyenje Primary School Old Students' Associations CURRICULUM VITAE DATED NOVEMBER 2012
‐ Advisor - Presidential - Community Welfare and Development Issues. - Consultant - On Planning, Development, Management, Leadership & Administration
‐ Counsellor I attended and facilitated at many National and International workshops, seminars, retreats and conferences. I am an effective communicator and excellent at Public Relations and Net Working. I am articulate. For many years I Lectured in Communication Skills and Research Methods. I supervised many Research Students and saw them graduate including a British Doctoral Student. I have been an External Examiner for Three Universities on the Continent of Africa, two in Uganda and one in South Africa. I was instrumental in the formulation of the Church of Uganda Education Policy and Restructuring of the Provincial Secretariat. I am self-driven and highly motivated to serve God and his people. I work devotedly under minimum supervision and with ability to handle several assignments in a well orderly, coordinated and perfect manner. I am highly well organized and result oriented. I love development. I initiate and cause things to happen and develop. I have been an achiever at all points in my service to God and the General Public. I am sociable and a people person. I am patient. I tolerate and give due respect to people, their views and opinions. I treasure learning from them. I share my knowledge, ideas, discoveries and experiences with people for their improvement and development. I also learn from them. I interact and get on very well with my colleagues-amicably. I am a team player and effective team leader, manager and administrator. I have a strong affinity and passion for team work, unity, cooperation, love for one another, peace and justice, forgiveness and reconciliation. I cooperate well with my supervisors. I am an effective listener. I consult and seek advice where need be. I am an Industrious and Conscientious worker / perfectionist and a visionary leader (1 Corinthians 14:40). I love and work for peace, tranquility, sanity and order (Psalm 80: 3, 7, 14, 19). I am consistent in my thinking, attitude and action. I am open minded, a straight forward and an objective thinker. I take new challenges positively as opportunities to think and develop alternative solutions. I work very hard, committedly, devotedly and dedicatedly. I am an entrepreneur, innovative and multi-skilled, I observe and maintain strict confidentiality. I am trustworthy and dependable. I am equipped, gifted and skilled in: Communication; Teaching; Research: Counseling and Guiding; Peace and Reconciliation Mediation; I was instrumental in causing reconciliation in the Diocesan saga or conflicts in Busoga; West Buganda; Madi- West Nile; North Kigezi, Muhabura and Kinkiizi; Organizing; Human Resource Management and Administration; Leadership; Finance Management; Record Keeping; Strategic Plan Generation; Programmes/ Project Design, Implementation, Monitoring and Appraisal/ Evaluation; Building Effective and Strategic Partnerships; Net Working; Resource Mobilization; Lobbying and Advocacy; Policy Formulation , Implementation and Monitoring. CURRICULUM VITAE DATED NOVEMBER 2012
As a Scouter, (Former Scout Master, Secretary for Western Region of Uganda and Ankole District Scout Council and later Chief Scout Commissioner for Training -Uganda Boy Scouts' Association) I have a strong passion for Patriotism for our nation and the rest of humanity, nature and Environment. I strive to do my best for God and my Country; to make a positive contribution, building on well on what I find in a place, and leave the world a better place than I found it. Religion, Education and Scouting, Good Time Management have been my best Investments. This has greatly contributed to my being a role model and a great achiever at all levels. I am happily married to Efrance K Mirembe Tibeesigwa. By the grace of God, we have a stable family. I am God fearing and a born again Christian with a living and unwavering faith and testimony since 1957. I value and stand for virtues of love for all people of God (John 13:33-35; 15:1-17-"The Love Commandment"), faithfulness, trustworthiness, peace, considerate, tolerance, cooperation, unity, accommodative and reconciliation for harmonious coexistence, well being of all people (Psalm 133) with moral integrity, anti corruption and other vices, transparency and genuine accountability. Trust, Faithfulness, Diligence, These have been and still are the Values or Principles that have greatly guided my life and service delivery hence exhibition of high and excellent performance at any level. I am royal and faithful to my superiors and colleagues. By the grace of God I am who and what I am and what I have been enabled to do and achieve for God and the rest of humanity. With the combination of my religious virtues and ethics, personality, patriotic spirit, Scout life skills and spirit, my academic standing, my wide experience in Human Arts and Social Science and operations in structural organization and services to humanity, with zeal for making positive contributions and development, given an opportunity to assist, I am ready, willing and prepared to serve God, our Country and the rest of humanity in any capacity deemed fit, suitable. I trust I can be a great asset/resource to our Country (just as I have been or better and more than before). I am ready to cooperate with my superiors and colleagues and to follow the Policies, Rules and Regulations of the Sector in which I may be signed to serve in the Republic of Uganda. My Quick Check List is included for ease of reference In addition to what is already know about me, below are some of the names of the persons from whom more information about me can be got if and when needed. C. QUICK CHECK FACTS Born 17/07/ 1945 Started School 1956 Accepted Jesus Christ as Personal Saviour 1957 Trained as a Teacher: Bishop Stuart Teacher Training 1964 -1967 College, Kakoba, Mbarara School Teacher, Scout Master, Choir Master, Library Master, Acting Head teacher: Bishop Stuart Demonstration School, Kakoba, Mbarara CURRICULUM VITAE DATED NOVEMBER 2012
Assistant Tutor Bishop Stuart Teacher Training College, Kakoba, Mbarara 1968 - 1972 Secretary: Western Region & Ankole District Scout Association Assistant Chief Scout Commissioner for Training - Uganda Boy Scouts' Association Trained as a Church Minister: Bishop Tucker Theological College, Mukono 1973 - 1976 Ordained a Deacon 19/12/1976 Principal: Kabwohe Divinity College (for East & West Ankole Dioceses) 1977 Got Married to Efrance Mirembe K (Blessed with 5 Children) 31/12/1977 Priested 18/12/1977 Diocesan Secretary (Executive and Administrative Officer), 1978-1980 Deputy Coordinator College for Tertially Studies, West Ankole Diocese Studied in Canada: University of Emmanuel & St Chad College, University of 1980 -1984 Saskatchwan, Saskatoon; Priest In - Charge - Christ Church, Saskatoon Canada Lecturer, Development Officer, Director for Students' Researches, 1985 -1997 & Chaplain Bishop Tucker Theological College, Mukono Collated /Made a Canon of St. James Cathedral Ruharo Mbarara Studied in South Korea: Asian Centre for Theological Studies and Mission/ 1994 - 1996 United University of Asia, President and Chairman of International Students, (Priest In-Charge of English Speaking Congregation): St. Paul's Cathedral Seoul, South Korea) Head of Department: Of Continuing Education & Christian Ministries 1996-1997 - Uganda Christian University, Mukono Provincial Secretary (Executive & Administrative Officer) 1998-2002 - Church of Uganda Principal: Uganda Christian University - Bishop Barham University 2002 -2007 College, Kabale Elected a Bishop 21/06/2007 Consecrated and Enthroned as 4th Diocesan Bishop of Ankole Diocese 02/09/2007 Retired 18/07/2010 Appointed - Senior Presidential Advisor (South Western Uganda) 15/09/ 2012
‐ Consultant - For Planning, Development and External Relations for Uganda Christian University, Mukono, Uganda CURRICULUM VITAE DATED NOVEMBER 2012
PROFESSION: Teaching / Educationist, Manager and Administrator VOCATION: Priest /Bishop
D. EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND FORMAL EDUCATION: TERTIARY EDUCATION
(i) POST GRADUATE LEVEL: PERIODNAME OF INSTITUTION QUALIFICATION/AWARD
1994 - 1996 Asian Centre for Theological Studies DOCTOR OF MINISTRY and Mission/United University of Asia (Seoul - South Korea) Dissertation Title: "Worship in the Anglican Church of Uganda: A Critical Study" (1996) 1983 - 1984 University College of Emmanuel & MASTER OF DIVINITY St. Chad (Saskatoon, Canada) Thesis Title: "The Role of Christian Education in the Church" (1984) (i) BACHELOR'S DEGREE LEVEL: 1982 - 1984 University of Saskatchewan BACHELOR OF ARTS (Saskatoon, Canada) (SOCIOLOGY & PSYSCOLOGY) 1980 - 1982 University College of Emmanuel & St. Chad (Saskatoon, Canada) BACHELOR OF THEOLOGY COLLEGE LEVEL 1973 - 1976 Bishop Tucker Theological College, (i) PROVINCIAL CERTIFICATE IN THEOLOGY (ii) MAKERERE UNIVERSITY DIPLOMA IN THEOLOGY Research Paper: "The Kinyankole Traditional Concept of Sacrifices and Offerings Under the Christian Evaluation (1967)
1964 - 1967 Bishop Stuart Teacher Training TEACHING CERTIFICATE College, Kakoba - Mbarara GRADE II (with Distinction) SECONDARY LEVEL: CURRICULUM VITAE DATED NOVEMBER 2012
1958 - 1961 Kinoni Primary School PRIMARY LEAVING Rwampara, Mbarara CERTIFICATE 1956 - 1957 Rwemiyenje Church School _______________ Rwampara, SOME OTHER COURSES AND CONFERENCES FOR PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT AND TRAINING
Scripture Union Leaders' Conference Nyakasura School, Fort Portal
Scripture Union Leaders Conference Kings College, Buddo, Kampala
Theory of Music the Royal School of Music (UK)
Scout Leaders' Certificate Bishop Stuart Teachers Training College, Mbarara
'O' level (East African Certificate of Education)
National Training the Team (Scouts) Kaazi, Kampala
1978 Family Education Seminary Church Bishop Tucker College
Integrated Executive Development Lweza Training & Conference Course by Management Training & Centre Church of Uganda
CURRICULUM VITAE DATED NOVEMBER 2012
Clinical Pastoral Experience University Hospital Saskatoon,
Personal Evaluation Workshop Saskatoon, Canada
Co-operative Societies & Development
Project Training & Management Jointly ran by Lweza Conference & Church of "
Uganda Planning and Development Unit & Management & Advisory Centre.
1985, 86, 87, Association of Theological Institutions Nairobi,
- Foundations of Christian Communications
- Theological Education by Extension (Leaders)
- Global Consultation on World Evangelism "
- VERITAS College International Conference
CURRICULUM VITAE DATED NOVEMBER 2012
- Great Lakes '98 Pre-Lambeth Conference Kampala
- Lambeth Conference '98 - Kent University U.K.
- World Bank - CAPA Poverty Alleviation Nairobi
2nd Christian Micro-Enterprise Development
Clergy Retreat - Diocese of Winchester
Mainstreaming HIV/AIDS Education in Theological Training organized by MAP International
HIV/AIDS Curriculum Integration in Theological Education organized by MAP International
Adolescent Sexual Reproductive Health (Church of Uganda)
2006 The Bishops Team: Senior Church Leaders
2007 -Healing and Wholeness (SOMA) UK Bishop Barham University College
GAFCOM, SEARCH FOR SUSTAINABLE PEACE, BPS' RETREATS
CURRICULUM VITAE DATED NOVEMBER 2012
Awarded a prize for being an overall - best student and School Head Monitor.
Awarded a Distinction in Principles and Practice of Education as the best student Teacher by the Uganda Ministry of Education.
Awarded a Sponsorship by East Ankole Diocese to study for the Church Ministry at Bishop Tucker Theological College, Mukono, Uganda.
Awarded a prize for being the best-overall student Pastor by Bishop Tucker Theological College, Mukono, Uganda.
Awarded a Joint Scholarship by the Anglican Church of Canada and the Church of Uganda to study for Bachelor of Theology at the University College of Emmanuel and St. Chad-Saskatoon, Canada.
Awarded a joint Scholarship by the University College of Emmanuel and St. Chad and the Anglican Church of Canada for a concurrent program of Bachelor of Arts at the University of Saskatchewan and Master or Divinity degree at the University College of Emmanuel and St. Chad Saskatoon, Saskatchewan.
Awarded a prize by "The Eastern Star' Society - Saskatoon Branch - Canada.
- Grant by Anglican Church of Canada - Gift by VOOM-U.S.A. for study at ACTS- Seoul, Korea - Full Study Scholarship by Asian Centre for Theological Studies and Mission (ACTS) - Seoul, South Korea.
- Research Award by Mustard Seed Foundation - Virginia - USA.
1998 Award by Archbishop of Canterbury, The Most Revd. and Rt. Hon. Lord Dr. George, L. Carey to Attend Lambeth Conference of 1998 on his Team.
CURRICULUM VITAE DATED NOVEMBER 2012
EMPLOYMENT RECORD: WORKING EXPERIENCE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
POSITION EMPLOYER LOCATION
1967 Teaching Assistant
Uganda Ministry of Education Bishop Stuart Demonstration
- Teaching Assistant Bishop Tucker Theological College Bishop Tucker Theological - Principal
Kabwohe Divinity College Church of Uganda
Diocesan Secretary (Church of Uganda) - Acting Vicar - Bishop's Chaplain - Acting Diocesan Treasurer Priest-in-charge Diocesan Secretary West Ankole Diocese - Deputy Coordinator College for Tertiary Studies Tutor/Lecturer
Church of Uganda Bishop Tucker Theological
- Development Officer Church of Uganda
Bishop Tucker Theological College, Mukono
- Associate Secretary/ Staff Meetings
- Associate Secretary Secretary/Appeal Committee - Patron/Theological CURRICULUM VITAE DATED NOVEMBER 2012
Students' Fellowship - Diocesan Chaplain of Rwenzori & S. Rwenzori Students" - Associate Research Director - Research Director
1989 - 1993 College Chaplain
1994 - 1996 - Priest-in-charge Lecturer - Assistant Dean of Studies -Head of Department: Continuing Education And Specialized Ministries -Coordinator Church of Uganda Theological Institutions Affiliated to Theological -Chaplain to Students of Nebbi, Madi West Nile & Bunyoro Kitara Dioceses.
1998 - 2002 Provincial Secretary
2002 - 2007 Principal
2007- 2010 Diocesan Bishop Ankole Diocese - Church Of Uganda, Anglican CURRICULUM VITAE DATED NOVEMBER 2012
G. EMPLOYMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
1. AS A TEACHER AND LECTURER I was responsible for teaching and training students to be enlightened, empowered as responsible citizens with right knowledge, character and morals. To be researchers and managers of life - challenges by improving the well being of their conditions and those of other people for a better Society. As a trainer in Theology and Pastoral Studies I contributed to the ministerial formation and leadership of our Church and Society. 2. AS PRINCIPAL OF KABWOHE DIVINITY COLLEGE I provided leadership, administration, moral authority as an example, co-ordinated and controlled operations in areas of office management, Finances, Syllabus, Teaching, staff and students affairs, I had 5 (5) Tutors, 4 (four) support staff, and 70 (seventy) Lay Reader Students. 3. DIOCESAN SECRETARY/TREASURER/ACTING VICAR I was responsible for the day to day running of the Diocesan office, Administration Co-ordinating and causing implementation of synod, Diocesan Council resolution. Disseminated information to Dioceses and the outside world. Organised meetings, conference, seminars and workshops. I administered the Cathedral Parish, provided pastoral care and counseling. I was the Public Relations Officer for the Diocese. I had a staff of over 20 people and over 60 priests. 4. DEPUTY CO-ORDINATOR OF THE COLLEGE FOR TERTIARY STUDIES. I co-ordinated 5 (five) centres of the college in its administration, finances, curriculum Development and general infrastructure and operations. The centres had a population of about 800 students and over 40 teachers. The Co-ordinator was in United States of America. He only made periodic visits. The College for Tertiary Studies is the current Ankole Western University Project. 5. DEVELOPMENT OFFICER OF BISHOP TUCKER THEOLOGICAL COLLEGE. I was responsible for the Physical development at the campus and Ntawo Diary and crop sections. I implemented the decisions of the board of the College, those of the Development committee, made purchases, supervised the Accounts Assistant on Development/Donor funds, made accountabilities and progress reports. Together with the Chairman and members of the Development Committee 240 acres of land at Ntawo was compensated. The waterline was built, many houses in Ntawo were built/renovated, the diary section was established including the milking pallor, Houses for staff, waterline and troughs, pasture was improved and paddocks made. At Mukono Campus, Rain water tanks were built, A clinic (now Academic Registrar's Department) Junior staff house were built, other houses and the old library was repaired, vehicles and tractor bought, milling machine and house bought/built etc. 6. COLLEGE CHAPLAIN BISHOP TUCKER THEOLOGICAL COLLEGE I was responsible for the spiritual life of the students, teaching, non teaching staff and their families. I oversaw the daily worship in the College Chapel, made rota for preachers and leaders of various activities: chaired the chapel council meetings; organised staff and students retreats and mission weeks. Organised music festivals, offered counseling and care services to the whole community (through a team ministry). Improved on the Chapel and Vestry Services and outlook. CURRICULUM VITAE DATED NOVEMBER 2012
7. PRIEST-IN-CHARGE (CHRIST CHURCH SASKATOON AND ST. PAUL'S CATHEDRAL SEOUL SOUTH KOREA) I was responsible for the weekly programme of the Parishes. I organised for worship, Pastoral visits, counseling sessions, parish camps, picnics and meetings. I presided over Eucharist, preached, baptized, married and buried people. I assisted the University Hospital Chaplain in Saskatchewan University, Saskatoon. 8. PROVINCIAL SECRETARY CHURCH OF UGANDA I was Head of the general administration of the Province of the Church of Uganda as Executive Officer. Responsible for effective leadership, offering support, implementation and co-ordination of policies, decisions, programmes and activities in the Province of the Church of Uganda. - Responsible for personnel matters. - In charge of over 100 staff members - Secretary of the Provincial Assembly, Provincial Assembly Standing Committee, Constitutional Review Committee, Staff Board.
- Directly responsible for the recruitment, training and welfare of all staff, staff posting and appraisal at the Provincial Secretariat.
- Keeping the staff regulations and conditions of employment up-to-date, and to see to it that there is a high morale at the Provincial Secretariat.
- Conducting negotiations with Trade Unions or Staff Associations and the official representative of the Province to all Government bodies responsible for employment.
- Responsible for all the legal affairs of the Province, and handles insurance matters. - Advise the Archbishop, the House of Bishops, the Provincial Standing Committees, and Provincial Assembly on all matters connected with staff and policies in the Province.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining public relations with the outside world. - Responsible for the day-to-day administration on the Provincial Office, ie staff and office equipment and materials. Advise the Archbishop on all staff matters as the Secretary to all Boards of the Province except the Board of Finance.
- Accounting officer of the Province.
• I was instrumental in the Formulation of Policies, Review and Amendment of Provincial and Diocesan Constitutions, Restructuring of the Secretariat, Infrastructure Establishment. I was instrumental in Resolving of Conflicts at the Provincial Secretariat ; in the Dioceses of Busoga, West Buganda, Madi-West Nile, Bunyoro-Kitara, North-Kigezi and Mukabura 9. PRINCIPAL: UGANDA CHRISTIAN UNIVERSITY - BISHOP BARHAM UNIVERSITY COLLEGE, KABALE
- Responsible for the Academic, Finances, Development and Administrative affairs of the University College.
- Mobilize support and funds for the College locally and internationally - The link between the University College and the Headquarters at Uganda Christian University - In charge of over 100 Faculty members, support staff and over 800 students - The chief coordinator of all academic, financial, public and administrative affairs of the University College.
- The Chairman of the Academic Board of Bishop Barham University College - Chairman of the Administration Committee - The Chairman of Joint Administration and Heads of Department Committee - Promoter of the image and created awareness of the College locally and Internationally CURRICULUM VITAE DATED NOVEMBER 2012
- The link between the University College, the public, academic and other institutions both within and outside Uganda.
- Represented the University College on the Uganda Christian University Council, Senate, Boards of Planning and Development, Appointments and Staff Welfare, Finance and Students' Affairs Board.
- Under my leadership, Bishop Barham University College was the First Constituent College in Uganda approved by the Uganda National Council for Higher Education.
10. 4TH DIOCESAN BISHOP OF ANKOLE DIOCESE - Overseer of Ankole Diocese - Responsible for Faith, Order, General Leadership, Management and Administration of the
- Responsible for the general guidance for Spiritual, Social, Political, Economical, Educational, Financial and Development of the Diocese
- Responsible for Ordaining, Priesting, Commissioning and Placement of Church & Societal
- Represented the Diocese on National and International Fora - Member of Council Bishop Barham University College, Kabale - Trustee of Church of Uganda, Uganda Christian University, Bishop Stuart University, AICM College, Kabale
- Chairman Board of Trustees, Bishop Stuart University
POSITION OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Class Monitor, School Head Monitor, Member of
- School Head Monitor, Scout Patrol Leader,
School Head Monitor, Member of School Choir
1964 -1967 - Committee member - Music Society
- Secretary - Bishop Stuart College Christian Union
- Chairman Bishop Stuart College Christian Union
- Warden, Councilor and member of Bishop Stuart College Chapel Building Committee - Member of Bishop Stuart College Students' Council - Acting President - Bishop Stuart College students' Council - Chairman Nyakabare - Mukundane Association - Committee member - Ankole Students' Association (Bishop Stuart College)
CURRICULUM VITAE DATED NOVEMBER 2012
1968 - 1972 - Area & Regional Scout Secretary (Western Uganda) -Assistant
-Chairman Ankole District Infant Teachers' Association
-Deputy and later Acting Headmaster (Bishop Stuart Demonstration School)
1973 - 1976 - A Committee member of Walker hall of Residence - Bishop Tucker Theological College
- A Committee member - Bishop Tucker Theological College Chapel
- A Committee member and later a Minister of Bishop Tucker Theological College Library
- College Chapel Choir Leader for (3 years)
- Secretary - Psychology and Pastoral Research Society (BTTC)
- Vice Chairman and later Chairman Bishop Tucker College Ankole Students' Association
- Chaplain and Religious Methods Tutor - Shimoni T.T.C.
- A member of Bishop Tucker College Council
1977 - 1980 - A member of East and West Ankole Diocesan Board of Education and Mission
- A member of the Synods and Councils of East and West Ankole Dioceses
- West Ankole Diocesan representative of the Provincial (National) Board of Education and Mission (Church of Uganda)
- A member of Board of Governors Nganwa High School
1978 - 1980 - Diocesan Secretary (Executive Officer) and Treasurer - West Ankole Diocese
-Executive Officer on all the Diocesan Boards and Committees
-Acting Vicar of West Ankole Diocesan Cathedral
-Bishop's Chaplain, Diocesan and Bishop's itinerary planner
-Chairman Cathedral Choir - St. Peter's Cathedral Bweranyangi
-Chairman West Ankole Diocesan Music and Worship Committee
-Secretary - West Ankole Diocesan Health Education Project
-Member of Bweranyangi Primary School Parents/Teachers Association & management Committee -Visiting Tutor to Kabwohe Divinity College -Visiting Speaker/Trainer for Christian Union, Boys and Girls Brigade, Boys Scouts and Girls Guides. -Theological Students' Examiner - West Ankole Diocese -Assistant Training Commissioner for Scouts.
1980 - 1983 - Chaplain to Uganda, Kenyan and Zambian Students of University of Saskatchewan,
1984 - 1987 - A member of Board of Governors - College for Tertiary Studies - West Ankole Diocese
-A member of Parent/Teachers' Association - Bweranyangi Boarding Primary School
-A member Board of Governors - Nganwa High School Kabwohe
-A member Board of Governors - Butsiko Secondary School
1985 - 1993 - Lecturer/Tutor - Bishop Tucker Theological College (Sociology, Psychology,
CURRICULUM VITAE DATED NOVEMBER 2012
Christian Education, Communications, Pastoral Care and Counseling, Research Methodology).
-Associate Secretary for Staff Meetings - BTTC
-Students' Chaplain of Rwenzori & South Rwenzori Dioceses
-Patron of Theological Students' Fellowship - BTTC
-Member of Development Committee, Library, Administration, Farm and Students' Council and Staff Joint Committee of BTTC.
-Executive Committee Member & Team Member - Marriage Encounter (U)
-A member of Uganda Joint Christian Council
(Uganda Examinations Board - Examiners
Mothers Union Mukono Diocese UNESCO; Church of Uganda Chaplain's
Course, Church Army' FOCUS; First African Soil Science Conference; NRAM Women's Conference; and Church of Uganda Provincial Assembly (1998); Billy Graham School of Evangelism; ATIEA 1991 -A Member of Fellowship of Christian Communicators in Africa and Madagscar (FOCCAM) -A Member of Pastoral Care & Counseling - Africa Region - A Member of Association of Theological Institutions in Eastern Africa (ATIEA) -A member of Ecumenical Association of Third World Theologians (EATWOT-UGANDA) -Clergy Retreat Leader East Ankole Diocese (1989) -Clergy Retreat Leader Kigezi Diocese (1990) -Committee member (CAPA) Anglican Church Communications Office in Africa (Advisory and Planning Committee). -Member - Staffing Committee - Uganda Martyrs' Seminary Namugongo -Co-Secretary Church of Uganda Commission on Canon Law, Doctrine and Liturgy -Development Director BTTC till 1988 -College Chaplain BTTC -Clergy Retreat Leader: South Rwenzori Diocese (1992) -Clergy Retreat Leader: Mityana Diocese (1992) -Clergy Chaplain: Bishop Tucker Theological College -Patron Theological Students' Association & Ankole Students' Association (BTTC) -Research Director - BTTC -Chairman, Church of Uganda Chaplains -A member of Evangelical Fellowship of Uganda -A Member of African Pastors' Fellowship -A Committee Member of Uganda Evangelism Research Group -Executive Secretary of Christian Concern for Uganda Theological Institutions -Assistant Chief Scout Commissioner for Training Uganda Scouts Association -Canon of St. James Cathedral - Diocese of East Ankole (since 1991)
1994 - 1996 - Priest-in-Charge of English Speaking Congregation/ Ministry, Cathedral Parish Diocese of Seoul, Anglican Church of South Korea. 1994
-Worship Committee member ACTS Church - Seoul
-President and Chairman of Overseas Students' Association - Asian Centre for Theological Studies and Mission - Seoul -Council member - ACTS Church, Seoul
-Priest-in-charge English Service - Cathedral Parish of Mukono Diocese Church of Uganda -Steering Committee Member - Children's Ministry Church of Uganda
CURRICULUM VITAE DATED NOVEMBER 2012
-Associate Director - Disciples for Christ in Uganda -Member: Uganda Christian University Admissions Committee, BTTC Mukono Campus. -Lecturer, Psychology; Sociology; Worship, Research Methodology, Communication. -Representative of Church of Uganda on WCC - Plenary and Board of Faith and Order -Head of Department, of Continuing Education & Christian Ministries, Uganda Christian University, Bishop Tucker College, Mukono.
-Member Board of Governors: Mengo Hospital -Member Board of Directors; Uganda Bookshop, Centenary Publishing House, Church House, Kanisa Procurement, Executive Committee, Member Uganda Debt Network and Jubilee 2000 and Beyond -Member UJCC Executive Committee -Board Member and Secretary Veritas College - Uganda
- Member Inter - Religious Council of Uganda 2002 - 2007
-Member Uganda Christian University/Councils, Senate/Academic Board, BBUC Boards (Finance, Planning and Development, Appointments & Staff Welfare;
-Member C.O.U. Provincial Board of Education
-Vice Chairman of Provincial Biblical Understanding in Leadership Development (BUILD)
-Chairman Board of Governors - Hornby High School
2007 - 2012 - 4th Diocesan Bishop Ankole Diocese - Chairman Ankole Diocesan Synod - Chairman Ankole Diocesan Council - Chairman St. James Cathedral Chapter - Chairman Board of Governors Ruharo Mission Hospital - Chairman Board of Governors Hornby High School - Chairman Board of Governors -Mbarara High School - Chancellor and Trustee Bishop Stuart University- Mbarara -Chairman Board of Trustees Bishop Stuart University - Member, Provincial Assembly - Church of Uganda - Member, House of Bishops - Church of Uganda - Member, Board of Trustees - Church of Uganda - Member Provincial Assembly Standing Committee - Church of Uganda - Executive Member on Provincial Board of Education - Church of Uganda - Vice Chairman of Commission on Theological Education and Ministerial Formation, Church of Uganda.
-Chairman Provincial BUILD Committee, Church of Uganda - Member Uganda Joint Christian Council - Member Inter - Religious Council of Uganda - Board Member and Secretary, VERITAS COLLEGE UGANDA
- Chairman, Planning Committee, Proposed Rwampara District - Chairman, Eliphaz Laaki Foundation - Chairman, Local Organising Committee, Uganda National Heroes' Day - 2012 - Senior Presidential Advisor (South/Western Uganda) - Consultant for Planning, Development, External Relations and Spiritual Advisor/ Leader (Uganda Christian University) CURRICULUM VITAE DATED NOVEMBER 2012
H. EXTERNAL EXAMINER
University of Stellenbosch, South Africa
Kampala International University Western Campus, Uganda
(iii) Bishop Stuart University Department of Religious Studies and Social Sciences, Mbarara, Uganda I. WRITINGS (UN PUBLISHED)
1. "Reading in Infant Classes" 1967 2. "The Kinyankole Traditional Concept of Sacrifices and Offerings Under the Christian Evaluation
(1967) (A Thesis for Diploma in Theology of Makerere University - Kampala, Uganda)
3. "The Theological Implications of the Ideas of Karl Max" (1981) 4. "The Liturgical Movement in the Church" (1981) 5. "Ezekiel the Prophet" (1981) 6. "The Role of Christian Education in the Church" (1984). (A Thesis for a Master of Divinity
Degree) of the University College of Emmanuel and St. Chard Saskatoon, Canada.
7. "The Challenge of Cults and African Traditional Beliefs and Practices to Christianity in Uganda"
8. "The Situation of Liturgy in the Anglican Church of Uganda" (1993) 9. "Revision of Liturgy of the Anglican Church of Uganda (1993) 10. "A New Concept: Train Africans in Africa" and its importance for the Evangelisation of Africa"
11. "Theology of Small Group Communities" (1994) 12. "A Theology of Mission Appropriate for the Anglican Church of Uganda" (1995) 13. "Christian Leadership Today" (1995) 14. "The Conflict Ministry in the Church" (1995) 15. "Principles of Evangelism and Church Growth and their Application in the Anglican Church of
16. "Isaiah and Worship" (1995) 17. "Worship in the Anglican Church of Uganda: A Critical Study" (1996) (A Doctor of Ministry
Dissertation. Asian Centre for Theological Studies and Mission (Acts) Seoul - South Korea)
18. "The Challenges facing a Pastor Serving in Modern Society" (1997) 19. "Psychology of Children: Different ages and Needs" (1997) 20. "The Role of Spirituality and Morals for Excellent Performance" (1997) 21. "The Church and HIV/AIDS Liturgy" (2005
CURRICULUM VITAE DATED NOVEMBER 2012
LIFE MEMBERSHIP - Christian (Church of Uganda - Anglican ) - Uganda Boys Scouts' Association - Uganda Boys' Brigade - Uganda Red Cross - St. John's Ambulance - Y.M.C.A. - Scripture Union - Uganda Teachers' Association - The African Pastors' Fellowship - Christian Concern for Uganda Muslims - Evangelical Fellowship of Uganda - Uganda Evangelism Research Group - FOCUS (Uganda) - Uganda Voluntary Work Camps' Association - Marriage Encounter (Uganda Anglican Expression) - East Africa Spiritual Revival Movement K. OTHER ABILITIES AND COMPETENCES Linguistic Abilities: International Language - English (Excellent) Uganda Local Languages - Runyankole/Rukiga (Excellent) - Luganda (Good) - Runyoro (Good) - Rutooro (Good) - Swahili (Fair) - Kinyarwanda (Fair)
(ii) Computer Competence (iii) Typing Speed (iv) Automobile (Car) Driving: CURRICULUM VITAE DATED NOVEMBER 2012
Reading, Bible Study, Prayer and Meditation
Humanitarian/Welfare and Community Development Activities M. TRAVEL Many parts of Uganda; Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, Burundi, U.K, Canada, Belgium, Ethiopia, India, Thailand, Hong Kong, South Korea, The Democratic Republic of Congo, South Africa, Zambia, Zimbabwe, USA, Israel. N. REFEREES 1. The Most Revd. Dr. Livingstone Mpalanyi Nkoyoyo RETIRED ARCHBISHOP OF CHURCH OF UGANDA & RETIRED CHANCELLOR UGANDA CHRISTIAN UNIVERSITY REST GARDENS, BWEYOGERERE, KAMPALA, UGANDA Tel: 0775909990 2. Rev. Canon Prof. Stephen Noll FORMER VICE CHANCELLOR UGANDA CHRISTIAN UNIVERSITY (NOW MANAGING DIRECTOR OF UCU HOLDINGS COMPANY LTD.) C/O UGANDA CHRISTIAN UNIVERSITY, P.O. Box 853 MUKONO, UGANDA Tel: (+ 256) 312 378 000 / 077 768 170; (USA) (+ 703) 598 6143
3. The Rt. Revd. Yoram K. Bamunoba KENT FOUNDATION COLLEGE MBARARA, UGANDA Tel: 0772 444 943
BISHOP EMERITUS DR. GEORGE W. K. TIBEESIGWA. (D. Min.; M. Div.; B. Theo.; B. A.; Dip. Theo.; Trs' Cert.) D. MIN. (Pastoral Ministry and Administration - Asian Centre for Theological Studies and Mission/United University of Asia, Seoul, South Korea); M. DIV. (Pastoral Studies - University of Emmanuel and St. Chad, Saskatoon, Canada); B. THEO. (Pastoral Studies - University of Emmanuel and St. Chad, Saskatoon, Canada); B.A. (Social Sciences, Sociology - Major, Psychology - Minor, University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon, Canada); DIP. THEO. (Pastoral Studies, Makerere University, Bishop Tucker Theological College - Mukono, Uganda); TRS' CERT. (Grade II Teachers' Certificate - National Institute of Education, Makerere University - Bishop Stuart Teacher Training College, Mbarara, Uganda). CURRICULUM VITAE DATED NOVEMBER 2012
PRACTICE GUIDELINES Updated Guidelines for the Diagnosis and Treatment ofGastroesophageal Reflux DiseaseKenneth R. DeVault M.D., F.A.C.G., and Donald O. Castell M.D., M.A.C.G. Departments of Medicine, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Jacksonville, Florida; and Medical University ofSouth Carolina, Charleston, South Carolina Guidelines for the diagnosis and treatment of gastroesophageal reflux
The use of the Internet within police education in the Netherlands The use of the Internet within police education in the Netherlands Reinder Vrielink, MSc School of Advanced Policing, Police Academy of the Netherlands Abstract The Internet is going through a major change with the introduction of social networks. This change could have profound implications for the way we use the