3rd Term - The exercise list8th grade ___ Teachers Ameli, Erica
Rewrite the sentences in reported speech. Change pronouns and time expressions where necessary.
He said, "I know a better restaurant."
Complete the sentences in reported speech. Note the change of pronouns and tenses. http://www.ego4u.com/en/cram-up/grammar/reported speech/exercises?05
"Where is my umbrella?" she asked.
2. "Where have you been?" the mother asked her daughter. → The mother asked her daughter. .
3. "Which dress do you like best?" she asked her boyfriend. → She asked her boyfriend. .
"Are you going to the cinema?" he asked me.
3. Underline the correct option. a Sophie hurt herself / himself playing basketball. b The kids enjoyed yourselves / themselves at Hollywood Studios. c Grandma made the cake himself / herself. d I bought a present for myself / yourself. e The dog ate the turkey by itself / ourselves. 4. Choose the correct reflexive pronouns from the dropdown menu. http://www.englisch-hilfen.de/en/exercises/pronouns/reflexive_pronouns.htm
myself - yourself - himself - herself - itself - ourselves - yourselves - themselves
1. Robert made this T-shirt …………………………………………….
2. Lisa did the homework …………………………………………….
3. Emma did you take the photo all by …………………………………….
4. I wrote this poem …………………………………………….
5. He cut.with the knife while he was doing the dishes
5. Unscramble the sentences. a be / home / Yasmin / at / must
b summer / might / camp / go / I / to
c can't / test / be / difficult / the / spel ing / very
d us / to / might / his / Aaron / party / invite / birthday
e must / be / at / least / 20 / now / he
6.Use one of the modal verbs in brackets to fill each gap. http://perso.wanadoo.es/autoenglish/gr.may.p.htm
1 They (can/might)________________ be away for the weekend but I'm not sure.
2 You (may/might)________________ leave now if you wish.
3 (Could/May)________________ you open the window a bit, please?
4 He (can/could)________________ be French, judging by his accent.
5 (May/Can)________________ you play the piano?
7. Circle the correct options. a I wish it would / could / were stop raining. b I wish I would / could / had speak Italian. c I wish I had / could / were on the beach. d I wish I would / had / were a better computer. e I wish my sister would / had / were be quiet. 8. Complete the sentences using the given clues.
1. It's a pity I can't go to the stadium tonight.
2. I want to see Sara more often but I can't.
3. I live in Malta and I don't like this.
7. My mom travels all the time because of her job.
9. Match. a Andrew failed the exam. b I apologize. c I should have listened to you. d Mark can't get a job. e It was a waste of money. 10. Unscramble. a one / can / for / checked / be / out / books / week
b eaten / in / class / cannot / food / be
c sweater / must / in / washed / water / the / cold / be
d be / should / this / replaced / carpet / soon
e in / the / school / be / gym / party / held / will / the
11. Complete the sentences with the verbs in the box. a I _______________________ reading history books. b It's going to be very difficult _______________________ the algebra test. c _______________________ on an exam is deceiving yourself. d Albert had to write an essay, but he forgot _______________________ it. e She's very excited about _______________________ the scholarship. 12. Complete the sentences with the past participle form of the verbs. a I'm going to get my car ___________________ next week. It's real y dirty. b Alexis got his hair ___________________ yesterday. It looks cool. c I'l get a new hard drive ___________________ if I have enough money. d We're going to have our photo ___________________ at school today. e Have you had your bedroom ___________________ recently? 13. Complete with a verb of perception. a I could _______________ her playing the violin from a kilometer away. b We're going to _______________ the school soccer team play tomorrow. c Your gloves _______________ soft. Are they made of wool? d Did you _______________ the canary singing from the other room? e The teacher didn't _______________ me copying your exam, did she?
International Conference on Nanoscience, Nanotechnology & Advanced Materials ( 17-19 December 2010) Poster Presentations – Day 1 (17th December 2010) Name Topic Ms. A. Brindha National Institute of Technology, NITT, Trichy Mr. R. Lakshmi Narayanan Synthesis and Characterization of core/shell morphological Chitosan Gold Nanoparticles Ms. Sarita Roy Equal Intensit
Treasury could lighten up on managed service companiesThe Treasury’s plans to crack down on managed service and composite companies could change, as difficulties in enforcement have already become apparent in the consultation stage. Treasury could lighten up on managed service companies, but composites are set to disappear The attack planned by HM Treasury on managed