Contains Dextromethorphan, a cough suppressant as effective as codeine, but not narcotic Dosage: Adults: Two teaspoons every 8 hours. Not to exceed 6 teaspoons a day. Children : 6 to 12 years-one teaspoon every 8 hours. Not to exceed 3 teaspoons a day CAUTION- A persistent cough may be a sign of a serious condition. If symptoms persist for more than 1 week, tend to recur, or are accompanied by a high fever, rash, or persistent headache, consult a physician. WARNIGN- KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN. Do not give this product to children under 6 years of age except under the advice and supervision of a physician. Do not take this product for persistent or
chronic cough such as occurs with smoking, asthma, or emphysema, or where cough is accompanied by
excessive secretions, except under the advice and supervision of a physician.
Directions: Choose the correct answer according to the medicine label. 1. How much of the cough formula should be given each time to an eleven-year-old child?
2. How much of the cough formula would you give to a four-year-old child without first getting advice
3. If an adult took two teaspoonfuls of the cough formula at 11 a.m. when should this person take the next
4. If the cough formula didn t cure your cough, and you start to have a high fever, what should you do?
2554 English NFE Wanida 16 Extract 2
More than 30 years ago, Nobel Prize-winning chemist Linus Pauling proposed the theory that high
doses of Vitamin C could prevent or lessen the severity of colds and other illnesses.
Pauling was a convincing Vitamin C advocate 1.________his death in 1994, but today, researchers
still don't agree on 2.
the vitamin, found in many fruits and vegetables, helps curb colds
, it is considered an important antioxidant, and the supplement form could help prevent a
number of conditions. Uses: Vitamin C can be used to bolster immunity, particularly 4. ______ people who are deficient in the vitamin (the elderly, smokers, diabetics and women who use oral contraceptives).
Others use it to reduce cold and asthma symptoms, 5. ______ exercise performance and protect
against cancer and cataracts. Dose: Most people get enough from food, 6.________those with Vitamin C deficiency usually need 200 milligrams to 500 milligrams a day. PRECAUTIONS: Doses exceeding 2,000 milligrams a day 7.
Vitamin C supplements 8.
by people with iron-overload problems or kidney disorders.
Research: Vitamin C doesn't appear to 9.
reduce cold symptoms, except perhaps for people
who are deficient in the nutrient. Some studies suggest that the vitamin can help prevent cancer, cataracts and
gallbladder disease, but more rigorous studies and needed 10. 2554 English NFE Wanida 16 Extract 3
Diabetics are twice as likely as non-diabetics to suffer from depressions, say psychiatrists from
Washington University and the US Department of Veterans Affairs in St. Louis, who analysed 25 years of
Doctors have long assumed that diabetes-which strikes tens of millions of people-can bring on
depression because of the difficulties it causes in the lives of sufferers, says the study s senior author,
Patrick Lustman of Washington University. But now, the idea that the reverse could be true-that is,
depression may lead to diabetes--is being seriously considered, says Lustman. One clue may lie in the
inactivity and overeating that accompany depression. Each contributes to diabetes.
Diabetics who are depressed should seek treatment for both maladies, the researcher says.
1. According to the passage, what does the reverse refer to?
Which of the following style does the writer use?
Genetics play a big role in the way our skin develops, determining its color, pore concentration,
thickness, even the number of veins and nerves situated in its deepest layer. Yet your skin s well - being not
only depends on a really efficient , scientific skincare routine, but on a healthy lifestyle too.
Getting enough sleep is important, for example because this is the time when skin works especially
hard at repairing itself. Lack of it leaves skin looking dull. If you re suffering from insomnia, the chances
are that stress is a significant factor. Whereas happiness makes skin glow, stress makes skin show the worst
side of its nature. Spots, pimples, eczema, blotchiness and flakiness : these are just some of the stress 2554 English NFE Wanida 16
Luckily, one of the best ways of reducing stress is also very beneficial to skin : getting more exercise.
Both aerobic exercise such as tennis, dancing , and jogging , and anaerobic exercise like stretching and yoga,
are highly beneficial, because they improve circulation. And it is blood that brings the vitamins and nutrients
necessary for cell metabolism to the skin.
For your general well - being, it is always best to mix the two types of exercise. If you are not eating
healthily, if certainly becomes evident swiftly in your skin, which loses its glow and shine. The problem can
be as simple as a lack of vitamin C, which plays a vital role in collagen formation and cell repair. Although
vitamin C is found in fresh fruit like melon, oranges, and even in tomatoes. the body cannot store it.
Therefore, it needs regular supplies. Other important vitamins are the B group, especially B2 and B12 and
vitamin E, along with zinc. But vitamin and mineral supplements are not the complete answer. The best way
to obtain a balanced mix of vitamins and minerals is to eat the freshest, most natural foods. A diet rich in
unsaturated fats such as olive oil rather than butter, unprocessed fiber, raw fruit and vegetables and low - fat
protein such as fish and chicken will provide everything your skin needs. If you can cut out caffeine. smoking
and alcohol, so much the better. Do not forget to drink as much water as you can each day : six glasses at
least. It helps every organ in your body function better, aiding digestion, circulation and even excretion of
toxins through the skin s pores. Question 1-10 1. The best title for this extract is ________. 2. The main idea of the extract is _________.
1. genetics is necessary for our skin s well - being
2. genetics plays a big role in the way our skin develops
3. a healthy lifestyle is really important to our skin s well - being
4. our skin s well - being depends on a really efficient scientific skincare routine
3. ________. is not good for the skin. 4. According to the extract, it is TRUE that ________.
1. skin works hard at night to repair itself
2. oversleeping may have bad effects on skin
3. the most important vitamins for skin are the B group
4. aerobic exercise is the best way to improve the skin
2554 English NFE Wanida 16 5. Your skin loses its glow and shine swiftly if you _______. 6. The phrase its nature (line 8) refers to the nature of ________. 7. The phrase two types of exercise (line 14) refers to ________. 8. The word it (line 18 ) refers to ________. 9. According to the last paragraph, water helps the body to do all of the following EXCEPT_________. 10 . The extract is primarily intended for ________.
4. women preparing to enter a beauty contest
Grammar Review Sentence Completion Directions: Select the best choice that best completes the sentence. 1.
, Caroline Hazard was elected as the fifth president of Wellesley College, despite her lack of
a college education and administrative experience.
2554 English NFE Wanida 16
3. The gymnosperms were ____________of water for reproductive purposes.
Not even ____________of reaching a third of humanity, as can the comic strip.
Storks have no vocal cords, but ____________by clacking their bills.
6. Simple pressure gauges such as liquid-level manometers are
A watercolor painter works with a soft hair brush _____________ a large amount of paint.
8. The growth of colleges and universities in the United States.
a. of the country has paralleled the growth
b. has the growth paralleled of the country
c. has paralleled the growth of the country
d. of the country the growth has paralleled
9. Sam Rayburn ____________ longer as speaker of the United States House of Representatives than any
10. Graying hair, weight gain, and ____________ from physical exertion may be physiological indices of
c. there is great difficulty recuperating
11. An average honeybee colony ____________about 30,000 bees.
12. The sundial ____________the oldest scientific instrument that is still in use.
2554 English NFE Wanida 16
13. ____________ sandal is among the earliest forms of footwear, dating from prehistoric times.
14. ____________in politics does not necessarily ensure well-run government.
15. Because it is durable and easy to dye, ____________an important textile fiber.
16. Essentially, a theory is an abstract, symbolic representation of
17. All of the plants now raised on farms have been developed from plants
relatively costly, the diesel engine is highly efficient and needs servicing infrequently.
19. Acids are chemical compounds that, in water solution, have
metals, and the ability to turn certain blue vegetable dyes red.
20. The difference between libel and slander is that libel is printed while
21. It is believed that Yellowstone National Park has more geological wonders than _____________
2554 English NFE Wanida 16
22. Like most neoclassic poets, _________________________in heroic couplets.
c. composing her poems was Phillips Wheatley
d. did Phillips Wheatley who composed her poems
23. ____________ cubic mile of seawater contains about 12 billion pounds of dissolved magnesium.
24. The Shakers, a religious sect that flourished in early nineteenth-century North America are noted for
their peaceful villages, fine furniture, and_____________.
25. __________________________increasingly being performed on calculators.
b. Arithmetic operations and also algebraic
c. Now that algebraic and arithmetic operations are
d. Arithmetic and algebraic operations are
26. Animals get energy from carbohydrates and fats,
27. The Surrealist art movement resembled Dadaist _____________ to conventional artistic norms.
28. The edelweiss is considered a rare plant because it grows wild in high regions __________
29. In this solar system, only the Earth satisfies the complex conditions
b. The cornea is continually by tears bathed
c. Tears that continually bathe the cornea
2554 English NFE Wanida 16
I. Introduction Although we've spent a little time right at the beginning with diseases caused by organisms other than bacteria and viruses, most of those weren't terribly serious. - That is, if we look just at # of people getting sick or dying. - Now we get to one of the biggest killers of people in the world. It is neither virus or bacteria. Malaria has also been around for an awfully long
Remi Baertlaan (loten 01 tot 07) 8793 Sint-Eloois-Vijve Waregem, 6de Afdeling – Sectie A nrs. 0201C en 0200F4 Wat biedt Albat en Partners meer dan andere bouwfirma’s? Met het uitgebreide en gedetailleerde lastenboek wenst nv Albat en Partners duidelijke informatie te verschaffen aan geïnteresseerden. Hieronder vindt u alvast een korte samenvatting van de sterke punten van dit projec