Microsoft word - thallium stress test.doc
THALLIUM STRESS TEST
THE RADIOISOTOPES REQUIRED FOR YOUR TEST HAVE TO BE
SPECIALLY ORDERED FOR YOU. IF YOU NEED TO CHANGE/CANCEL
YOUR APPOINTMENT, A MINIMUM OF 72 HOURS BEFORE SCHEDULED
DAY OF APPOINTMENT IS REQUIRED. YOU WILL BE CHARGED $150 IF
LESS THAN A 72 HOUR NOTICE IS GIVEN (REGARDLESS OF REASON).
Exam Time is approximately 3-4 hours
• Please shower or bathe the day of the test. Do NOT apply lotion and/or powder to
• Wear comfortable clothing and shoes, shirt/blouse with buttons in front, sneakers
or walking shoes. No metal buttons or snaps. Ladies – do NOT wear metal underwire bras.
• Nothing to eat/drink (should drink water) for at least 8
hours prior to your exam
• Do NOT drink coffee/tea or caffeinated beverages and no smoking for 24
• Do NOT take any of the medications on the attached list for 24
hours before test.
• Please discontinue the use of Viagra or any other PDE5 Inhibitor (oral erectile
dysfunction medicines) at least 72
hours prior to your exam time.
• Bring a water bottle to the test. You may bring a snack that you will have an
opportunity to eat at some point during the test.
• IF YOU ARE DIABETIC,
contact your physician for instructions regarding diet
and medications before your scheduled test day.
• The Technologist will explain the test, ask some questions, and have you sign a
• An intravenous (IV) line will be started in your arm. A radioactive isotope will be
injected. Pictures of your heart will be taken. This will take approximately 30 minutes.
• You will be prepared for the next part of the test. Electrodes will be placed on
your chest. You will then walk on the treadmill. During this time, your EKG and blood pressure are monitored closely. A second injection of radioactive material will be given. A second set of pictures will be taken.
• Following the stress portion of the test, you will be monitored closely (blood
pressure and EKG) until your heart returns to its normal resting state.
• After 15-60 minutes, more pictures will be taken. These pictures take
approximately 20-30 minutes. The test is then complete.
MEDICINES NOT BE TAKEN 24 HOURS BEFORE THALLIUM TEST
• Atenolol – Tenormin, Tenoretic • Betaxolol – Kerlone
• Careolol • Labetalol – Normadyne, Trandate
• Pindolol • Propanolol – Inderal, Inderide, Innopran
• Timolol – Blocadren, Timolide • Carvedilol – Coreg
Calcium Channel Blockers
• Amlodipine – Caduet (Amlodopine+Atorvastatin), Norvasc, Lotrel
• Diltiazem – Cardizem, Dilacor, Tiazac
• Felodipine – Plendil, Lexxel (Enalapril+Felodopine)
• Isradipine – Dynacirc
• Nifedipine – Adalat, Procardia
• Verapamil – Calan, Covera, Isoptin, Verelan, Tarka (Transdozapril+Verapamil)
Clarification Memo # 1 to: HPTN 052: A Randomized Trial to Evaluate the Effectiveness of Antiretroviral Therapy plus HIV Primary Care versus HIV Primary Care Alone to Prevent the Sexual Transmission of HIV-1 In Serodiscordant Couples Version 2.0, May 24, 2004 FINAL Version: 24 September 2004 Summary of Revisions and Rationale The protocol roster is updated to add a new titl
Iroko Pharmaceuticals Announces Financial Investment in New Product Development PHILADELPHIA, PA, October 6, 2010 — Iroko Pharmaceuticals, LLC, supported by a new investment group including a private equity fund advised by Kew Capital LLP and Phoenix IP Ventures-III, LLC, will continue to market its well established branded products Aldomet® (methyldopa), Indocin® (indomethacin) and